Ready to submit? Fill out the form at the bottom of the page!
If you would like to submit a non-profit for consideration in the Big Y Community Bag or Giving Tag Program, please review the guidelines and instructions below.
If approved, your organization will be placed on a list for local store leadership to consider in future months.
Please note: Approval does not guarantee selection at the store level. If chosen, your organization will be notified directly 45 days in advance. Your organization can raise funds at any time throughout the year through the Giving Tag Program - click here to learn more.
To qualify for consideration in the Big Y Community Bag Program, benefiting non-profit organizations must have:
The purpose of this program is to support organizations that are important to individuals and families in communities local to stores where the bags are sold. To be considered for the Community Bag and Giving Tag Program, organizations must meet all guidelines listed below. Store leadership has full discretion to determine which organizations will receive the funds.
Requirements for the Big Y Community Bag & Giving Tag Program:
- 501(c)(3) status.
- A direct local connection to a specific Big Y store.
- The commitment to put funds to use within the local Big Y store’s community.
- Non-profits that are clearly focused in their stated mission to impact hunger relief, education (all aspects), health & wellness, civic, or military/veterans organizations.
- Non-profits must be passionate in their desire to connect to the local community.
Requests that will not qualify:
- Events/Fundraisers/Services that benefit a for-profit business
- Events/Fundraisers limited to specific individuals or families
- Political organizations or lobbying groups
- Religious organizations (except where a food pantry is involved)
- Private clubs
- Requests to support expenses related to fundraisers/events
- Any organization that discriminates on the basis of gender, race, ethnicity, religion and/or sexual orientation
- Any organization that does not put 100% of the donations to supporting the local community